8. Saddles, Bars, and Tires2:
- Match the saddle to the bars and the tires to black; or
- Match the bars to the color of the frame at the top of the head tube and the saddle to the color of the frame at the top of the seat tube and the tires to the color where they come closest to the frame; or
- Match the saddle and the bars to the frame decals; or
- Black, black, black
11. The minimum number of bikes one should own is three. The correct number is
n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as
s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.
42. A rider’s handlebars on their road bike must always be lower than their saddle. The minimum allowable tolerance is 4cm; there is no maximum, but people may berate you if they feel you have them too low.
44. Handlebars will be mounted parallel to the ground or angled slightly upward. While they may never be pointed down at all, they may be angled up slightly; allowed handlebar tilt is to be between 180 and 175 degrees with respect to the level road.
46. The seating area of a saddle is to be visually level, with the base measurement made using a spirit level. Based on subtleties of saddle design and requirements of comfort, the saddle may then be pitched slightly forward or backward to reach a position that offers stability, power, and comfort. If the tilt of the saddle exceeds two degrees, you need to go get one of those saddles with springs and a thick gel pad because you are obviously a big pussy.
Just some of my favorites/ones I agree with most. See the complete list of rules here from Velominati.
4 responses to “The Rules”
Your samplings start at 8 and go through 46; I can’t believe you actually read them all!
Great blog, and thanks for the shout-out back to the Velominati.
I assume the list is ongoing so keep it coming!
Indeed it is, we’ll be working on it constantly!
Nice rules. We’ve got a growing list of “The Universal Truths Of Cycling” at 18milesperhour.com. Love these lists, whether one agrees with them or not.