Thornproofed

After soaking up as many tips I could from blogs, videos, and printed material from Thornproof I decided I was ready to take on the job of reproofing my Bedale. The jacket had gotten pretty dry and there were only a few noticeably ‘slick’ spots left so I decided it was about time to revive it.

I’m really pleased with the outcome; I’m not sure how much better off I’d be if I had sent it out. Perhaps a professional reproofing would last longer but we’ll see how mine holds up.

Advertisements

4 Comments

Filed under diy, mission accomplished, wear

4 responses to “Thornproofed

  1. @matthewb

    i tried this on my 8 year old barbour last year. good results, but didn’t hold all that well this year. planning on sending it in to barbour this summer for water/thorn proofing and exterior hole stitching.

  2. Great work, looks like you took the time to do it right, I’m impressed.

  3. Pingback: Close Up and Barbour | cork grips

Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s